Roles and Functions of POPC
1. To Develop Vision and Guidelines of the National Economy
2. Economic Policy, Economic Management and Research, National Development Planning Strategies.
• To assess the state of the National resources for developing and advice the Government on the efficient utilization of those resources,
• To analyse trends in the key Economic variables including balance of payments, money supply and prices and advises the Government accordingly,
• To analyse existing policies with the view to strengthen their implementation and to propose new policies where it is deemed necessary
• To monitor day-to-day performance of various sectors of the economy and ensure that appropriate measurers are taken to solve any operational problems as may be detected in those sectors,
• To ensure guidelines on economic relations with other states and international organization
• To develop National Demographic Strategies,
• To issue guidelines for the formulation of the National Plan and monitor the preparation process of long-term, medium-term and short-annual plans.
• To monitor the implementation of Government decisions on matters of planning and the management of the economy
• To analyse any social and economic issues and recommended to the Government appropriate policies and measures to be taken in the national interest